Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bulldog jousts with injustice on the 'net!

OK, so maybe I am chasing windmills and saying they are giants...

I have posted part of my blog at www.leakylounge.com regarding WB stealing the Quidditch World Cup. Here is what happened about 1 day after my new discussion thread was posted:

Dreamteam
post Today, 03:16 PM
Post #4
One Half of the DDD


Group Icon

Posts: 7,798
Joined: 3:31pm August 30, 2006
Location: Siriusly Dreaming Somewhere




















I did see the theatre version which didn't include the scenes described by Bulldog7128. However, as we are not now able to watch the theatre version and compare it with the DVD version it's unlikely that this topic will be able to come to a productive conclusion. I am therefore going to close it.

Please continue to enjoy the other discussions in Argent Scrim's


Dreamteam, LL Mod Manager


--------------------

Jo's Book Nook is now reading Emma by Jane Austen, click here to start posting
August's book will be Return of the King by J R R Tolkein.
Moving on from JKR's recommended books here
"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!" roared Black. "DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS,
AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!"



And so I sent a post to their suggestions board:


This is the response I get from your moderator.

Look, I am NOT making up the extra footage! It WAS in the original theater version. Granted it was not long, but you got to see Harry meet Barty Crouch's house elf, the other team's mascots (the girls who charmed all the men in the audience), Harry got to go to the Minister's box to watch the game, we met Ludo Bagman who made bets with people, we didn't see much of the game but we did see Krum do the wrongsky feint. Can't anyone else remember this?

Why are you locking my discussion thread after only 1 day? What, are you afraid that maybe I might get some attention? This is NOT enhancing my experience with your forums. I do get it that this movie was several years ago, but that does not mean that it can't be discussed! Are you trying to say that the rest of the fans on your site have such short memories that they cannot remember seeing the movie in the theater? I realize that what I am saying cannot make any difference in what has already happened in the past. So does this mean that nobody should say anything about things that are now past? Are you sending a message that our opinions about the past are not good enough to be on your website? I could rant on and on about this, but I just want you to see the injustice here. And you are censoring me.

----------------------
They made it so that nobody can even make any comments on my posted thread.
Let's see what happens next shall we?

Oops! I just received a personal message:
Dreamteam
Posting in Argent Scrim's, Today, 03:38 PM


One Half of the DDD




Posts: 7,798
Joined: 3:31pm August 30, 2006
Location: Siriusly Dreaming Somewhere



Hi Bulldog7128

welcome.gif to the Lounge, its great to have you here. You've joined a great forum for discussion about the Harry Potter books and I think you'll have a lot of fun with like-minded folk. I hope you're enjoying the discussions and that you're finding your way around. I just wanted to let you know that I have had to remove one of your posts because it didn't include a new discussion point about the HP movies and was more about your experience of visiting the theatre and reiteration of your original post. Having discussed your thread with other mods I have closed it because, as fans no longer have the opportunity of seeing Goblet of Fire in the theatres, we cannot give an informed opinion on the content of the theatre version compared with the DVD version. For instance my own personal memory is that the film I saw didn't include the scenes you describe, I can't prove that it didn't just as you can't prove that it did, so the potential for a meaningful discussion isn't really there.

Leaky is a huge place and as you're new here you might find navigating a bit difficult to begin with (I know I did smile.gif ). To help you we've got loads of roadmaps here at Leaky so I'll give you some links to hopefully make things easier. First - the rules that speak of how to conduct yourself, what we expect of all our posters, when to open new topics, etc. The second good place to look is our FAQ. Third - we've got an amazing amount of discussion that has been amassed over the past couple of years that the lounge has been up and running so the sitemap may come in useful. You might also find it helpful, and interesting, to pay a visit to HP101 which has threads for the most popular topics under discussion, and will give you links to join in some of them, and Knockturn Alley which is a forum dealing with technical issues.

If you have any questions or problems please feel free to PM either me or another mod and we'll be happy to help.

Hope this has been helpful, I look forward to seeing more of you in the threads.
Happy posting! wizard.gif



Dreamteam, LL Mod Manager


OK so here is a possible rule infringement:
1. Be nice. This is our most important and most strictly enforced rule. We respect and embrace everyone's right to disagree and the spirited discussions that come out of differences of opinion, but there is never an excuse to be rude/derogatory/insulting. Offending comments (and words) will be deleted right away and the offender warned; those who persist will be banned. The TLC forum, like the TLC comments, is to be a place where enthusiastic and intelligent minds can come together, something no one can do while fighting. Please take a moment to remember that without differences of opinion the world would be a very boring place.
Related: What is a flame? Flaming is outlawed on the TLC board. Flaming is different from criticism: criticism points out something that could be improved. Disagreement is not a flame. Flaming includes but is not limited to insults or harassment of others based on actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, religion, magical status or lack thereof, Hogwarts house, national origin, political affiliation, character preference, or "ship" preference. Do not post a comment that is that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or hateful.

Was I flaming? I'm not sure. Was I expressing frustration? Yes! Was it not constructive criticism, I am not sure! I think that someone could benefit from the criticism if they chose to. I guess that we can't expect to share our feelings with fellow fans and commiserate over disappointing things. I guess I was being too negative...

By the way, how chipper was that message? Huh? Glad to have you here, but please don't talk to anyone about things from more than two years ago or we will stop you! Have a nice day.

Please, tell me I am not alone in my assessment of the circumstances here...

Where to go from here? I wonder...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this guy is an idiot, and he makes me mad. Talk about a one D ten T error!

    ReplyDelete